Marketo Certified Expert (MCE)Adobe Marketo Engage
Marketo launched its certification program at the Marketo Summit in San Francisco in 2013. The Team at Chapman Bright were among the first few that became a Marketo Certified Expert, in short: MCE. The exam takes 90 minutes to complete and covers the entire platform (excl. paid extra modules). As of 2017 certification changed. The exam is more realistic and harder to pass for starters. It’s now also valid for two years. And there are additional 8 specializations you can certify for after the basic MCE certification. Marketo also recently introduced the Marketo Certified Associate certification for starters, who are mostly just running campaigns on the platform.
MCSA, Marketo Certified Solutions Archtitect, is the highest level of certification, which you can apply for after your MCE, 3 successful implementations, and about 2 years of Marketo consulting experience.
At Chapman Bright we all have a bare minimum of 5+ years of relevant working experience and we are all certified in Marketo (nearly all at MCSA level!).
When should you consider certifying?
To increase your chances of success, Marketo recommends a combination of:
- Foundational marketing automation knowledge
- 1 year of experience as a marketing automation professional
- 1-2 years of general marketing experience
- 1+ years (800-1000+ hours) hands-on experience using Marketo
- Conceptual knowledge and understanding the business context of using marketing automation
Tips to Prepare for the Exam
- Review the exam topic list on marketo.com
- Familiarize yourself with MCE Sample Questions on marketo.com
- Enroll in the paid Marketo MCE Prep Course on marketo.com
- Review the Additional Study Aid Resources below
Additional Study Aid ResourcesOn Adobe.com
Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA)
When you have multiple years of extensive Marketo experience as administrator. And you also have the experience and expertise of several implementations, you can apply for MCSA. There are several areas. In order to become MCSA you will need to complete at least 3. One of those 3 should be Marketo Lead Managament (previously MCC). At first you attend a multi-day workshop at Marketo (MCE is a prerequisite). After 6 to 12 months you can defend your thesis to achieve your MCSA.